So now you know that Pinterest is the right place to be with your business. Sharing ideas, getting more customers, gaining more traffic to your website, raising awareness and so on.
I am almost pretty sure that you know what it takes to make a Pinterest profile successful.
But just in case:
- Excellent Pinterest SEO
It sounds like another job, right? Not a full-time job but definitely something that takes a lot of time. During that time you could easily improve your business. Creating more content, making connections with all of those who matter, and the list can go endlessly.
What is the solution, then? Not being on Pinterest? No, that wouldn’t be a good idea, especially if you know exactly that being on Pinterest helps heaps for your business.
You have two choices:
- Give it a try anyway, and dealing with the fact that you will not get any sleep from now on. Not to mention the time that you can spend with your friends and family.
- Hiring someone who helps.
The latter sounds much better to me, so let’s quickly go through how a Pinterest Manager can help you and your business.
1. A Pinterest Manager knows what to do
I am assuming you are not a Pinterest expert (at least yet). It means you need to invest time, money, and tons of energy to learn all the Pinterest secrets.
Learning Pinterest SEO, how to develop a Pinterest Marketing Strategy, testing which pins are working with your audience are all great and really useful. But it can be time-consuming and really overwhelming, especially when you have a business to deal with.
Is it possible to do? Sure, it is! And I am encouraging you to do so because Pinterest is so much fun.
But! If having fun learning about Pinterest marketing is not the top priority in your business, I would suggest asking someone who already knows how it works.
This will save you a lot of trials and errors, you can get the expected results even faster, and most importantly, you will have more time to invest in what you really love—your own business.
What is the most valuable, the most important thing that a business owner can get?
Of course, you know the answer; Time.
It doesn’t matter that your business is a side-gig or you are working for yourself full time; I am pretty sure you wish there were at least 48 hours in a day.
Let me share a short story with you.
I have a client who is a really talented graphic designer, knows how to build a website, knows the basics of copywriting and SEO.
But back to the topic.
On top of everything I just said about her, she has a really successful Pinterest account with over a million impressions per month.
And she hired me to do her Pinterest.
The reason was simple. Now she has an extra 4-6 hours a week to do just about anything she wants. Improving her business, having more clients, or having a rest and enjoy her life. She doesn’t have to worry about Pinterest anymore, and still, she knows it is delivering more and more people to her website.
It may sound funny when you first hear it. How does paying someone to do a thing that you can do for free can save money?
Easy-peasy. A Pinterest manager knows what to do. I explained it at the first point in this article, so I don’t go into the details again, but I want to give you an example just for a better understanding.
What are you doing when your washing machine broke? Are you trying to fix it by yourself or calling someone who knows how to repair it? Of course, you call someone because he has learnt how to fix a washing machine and has heaps of experiences with it.
So you know calling that person will be faster, cheaper and more effective.
Pinterest is the same thing. It takes time, experience, trials and errors to do it right straight away. Not to mention implementing all the Pinterest changes that happen from time to time.
Spending your time on Pinterest means spending less time with your business. And that – as you know, means less income.
When you shouldn’t hire a Pinterest Manager
Maybe you have heard or even know a lot of people who do their Pinterest for themselves. And they are doing great! It is perfectly possible to do a great job on Pinterest without being a Pinterest manager. So if you have what it takes, definitely go for it!
Here is what you have to do:
- You can enroll a Pinterest course that teaches you in a day or so how to be effective on Pinterest. My personal recommendation is Amy LeBlanc’s course by Levee Road Studio. It is the best Pinterest course I have ever enrolled. Clear, understandable and super-easy to follow.
- Mastering Canva is your next step. If you are not familiar with this, Canva is a graphic designing software that is easy to use, and you can make beautiful pins with this.
- Another handy software is Tailwind. It is a scheduling software that can be a huge help with pinning. Also easy to learn, easy to use.
After you have learnt everything and created a good Pinterest strategy, it only takes a few hours per week. You will learn and experience a lot on the go, which helps you improve your pin design and strategy.
How to make a decision?
Now you know what it takes to do Pinterest on your own. You know the costs and the time that you have to invest. If you are still unsure if you should do it for yourself or hire someone, let me help you a little.
Let’s do a little math!
(Do not run anywhere, I know math could be difficult sometimes, but this one will be easy, and I am here to hold your hand!)
If you hire a Pinterest manager:
- I charge 325 AUD/month for my starter package. It is 81.25 AUD a week.
- If you have me, you can spend an extra 5 hours/week* working on what you do best, your business.
- 81.25/5= 16.25 AUD/hour.
*You would spend 5 hours per week doing Pinterest duties on average.
So what you need to consider is: Can you earn more money than 16.25 AUD/hour while working on your business?
Ready to jump? Great! Let’s see what is the onboarding process like.
What is the On-boarding process like?
- First, make sure that Pinterest is beneficial for your business. You can either read this post or send me an e-mail with your business’ webpage.
- Please quickly go through my services page to see what package would be the best fit for your needs and pocket.
- Contact me. Please tell me which package you are interested in and a little bit about yourself and your business.
- I will send you a questionnaire to make sure we can nail the Pinterest game together. Then, when you send it back to me, please ask all of your questions and concerns.
- After we made sure that we are a perfect match, we sign a contract.
- The research phase will start. I search for your best keywords, have a look at what your competitors are up to on Pinterest and all the fun stuff. This will end with creating a Pinterest strategy that works the best for your business.
- The next step is either cleaning up your Pinterest account or creating a new one.
- I start implementing the Pinterest strategy, adjust it when it is needed.
- You will get a monthly report of your Pinterest profile performance and some suggestions about your content.